RE: Surfacing

From: Anshuman Razdan (razdan@gloo3d.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 04:47:41 EET

John
    I don't think a book on reverse engineering has hit the market yet.
There are many papers in the scientific world where you will find
information as well as specific technologies used in surface fitting etc. I
am not sure which book you have purchased ... my opinion is that NURBS or
Geom. Modeling books can be too theoretical (I am not under estimating the
intelligence of any one here). What we really need is a practical guide type
of book. Actually, I am interested in finding out if such a book is in
preparation anywhere. I will mail you a copy of our paper as a primer that
appeared couple of years ago... titled

"Reverse Engineering Trimmed NURB Surfaces From Laser Scanned Data"

Happy reading

AR

Dr Anshuman Razdan,
Director PRISM