Re: Software/Hardware

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 15:13:35 EET

Scott and all:
   Our standard Engineering systems are Pentium III 933mhz or better with
dual CPU and 1gb of ram. Our main applications are ProE, Solidworks, And
Duct Powermill. I find that if I open a multiple processor aware application
such as ProE up before opening lightyear. The ProE grabs up the first CPU and
allows me to work uninhibited while lightyear is quietly slicing in the
background. It typically get pretty wild at our place and I find myself
having several windows of various applications running at the same time.
This is where the multiple CPU systems really shine. If you are the type that
tends to just work in on one application at a time then I would put my money
into a faster CPU. additional RAM, or larger-faster hard drive verses a
second CPU.
Hope this is helpful.
Regards
Bob Morton