Re: STAT Press Release

From: Craig Potter (info@pdsiusa.com)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 23:29:36 EET

The United States patent and trademark office administers a program
called the "disclosure document program". The concept is the same as
"Soleau Envelope". You send two identical copies of your idea in
together with a self addressed stamped envelope, and a filing fee of ten
dollars, they stamp both, file one and return the other to you in the
envelope. The purpose of this program is two-fold. It establishes that
on the date that the document was stamped that an individual, group, or
organization had an idea, design, concept, or information that they
wanted to register with the US Government. The patent and trademark
Office will maintain their copy of the information for a period of two
years. After that time the document will be destroyed. This document
does not provide any specific legal protection. It does not replace a
patent or trademark. What it does do is further demonstrate "diligence
in the development of an idea" and a registered date of conception,
necessary should the subject in question enter into litigation prior to
the issue of a patent or trademark.

I hope this helps

Craig

--

Craig Potter - President PDSI - Product Development Solutions, Inc. 2632-C Pleasant Union Church Road Raleigh, NC 27614-9230

Tel (919)-848-0123 / Fax (919)-870-8072 Web http://www.pdsiusa.com E-mail info@pdsiusa.com