RE: weird build update

From: Andrzejewski, Jan (jan.rp@pera.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 17:46:58 EET

Elaine

I have found the best investment was to change over to a faster building
resin.

RPC 300 ND for my SLA350 meant that the SL5190 times for predip delay (30 to
35 sec) and zwait (12 to 15 sec) have come down to pre dip delay of 0 sec
and zwait also 0 sec.

for a 200 mm high build at 0.1mm layer thickness means the 50 sec saving
amount to a whopping 27.7 hours reduction.

You should try and find out if RPC resin for your SLA250 can also achieve
these time savings.

The saving that I have been accumulating may mean that I can now afford the
expense of having smart sweep software enhancement. (further time saving)

One way to speed up the SLA machine for future users would be to have multi
real time processors, real time Operating System software and some clever
programming to enable laser checking and processing to be done at the same
time.

I have sent the following to 3D Systems Product Suggestions on Wed 22/03/00
at 10:31am
(Please change the software so that scanning the diagonal sensors is done at
the same time as the recoater is in operation.

The recoater takes about 7 to 8 seconds to travis the full vat and the
sensors take approx 5 to 6 seconds. If the build that I am waiting to finish
had this facility then we would be able to save 2.7 hours (200mm high build)
thus go home on time instead of having to do overtime.

As most of our builds utilise the whole of the platform the time saving if
we installed smart sweep would not cover the cost of installation.

I think that with the introduction of Objets technology 3D Systems SLA
running costs and upgrades to existing machines needs to be re-evaluated.)
So far I have had no response.

Jan Andrzejewski jan.rp@pera.com
RP Project Manager
PERA
Technology Centre
Nottingham Road
Melton Mowbray
Leicestershire
LE13 0PB
UK
Tel +44 (0) 1664 501501 Fax +44 (0) 1664 501556