Re: Rapid Freeze Prototyping

From: Paul J. Burr (tigerpb@ids.net)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 03:23:15 EET

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Guanghua Sui
  To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
  Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2000 4:52 PM
  Subject: Rapid Freeze Prototyping

  Dear list,

  The basic idea of Rapid Freeze Prototyping (RFP) is using water to build ice prototypes. I am a PhD student working on RFP from the very beginning (1998) of the project, previously in New Jersey Institute of Technology. According to my experience in RP field, there are three advantages of RFP:

    1.. Surface quality

  Guanghua:
  This is fascinating! Have you tried any small parts? I'd gladly send you an STL file of a jewelry design if you'd like to try building and casting some small detailed parts.

  Happy Holidays to All!

  Paul Burr
  Imperial-Deltah Inc.