Re: Prototyping

From: Tom Richards (thoms1991@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 05:05:27 EET

Hello David: Here's a possible answer to your question: Send your pewter
design as a zipped binary .stl file to Thoms at trichards696@mediaone.net,
or to any other precision casting house, who will quote casting your part
from a pattern to be produced by an RP process chosen for its suitability
per your design, in 20C alloy, annealed and ready for your polishing and to
put the glint in the eye of a master, which should perform well in
vulcanizing rubber molds at 400F. Figure on three days to build a pattern
and three more days to cast and heat treat the master.