Paraform

From: Rob Bannerman (rbanner@paraform.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 01:49:44 EET

PARAFORM RESPONSE:

Hello, Glad to answer your questions from the perspective of Paraform
software that does not, in the first place, give rise to the design problem
you are in using Surfacer. These problems can be broadly categorized as
problems with accuracy, speed of surfacing and ease of use. Paraform's
state of the art reverse engineering tools overcome these problems with our
unique approach. Paraform's surfacing solution from Paraform
(www.paraform.com) works directly on polygonal models, thus avoiding the
problems curve slicing and curve fitting tools like Surfacer face while
reverse engineering from large point data sets.

Using Paraform's points2polygons module, you can quickly convert the point
scans you have into a cohesive polygonal model (mesh). Once you have this
mesh model, the surface creation becomes very easy. You can rapidly create
highly accurate and quality surfaces in a very short amount of time.
Paraform software allows users to control the lay out of the surface
structure so as to cater the geometry appropriately to a downstream
application of your choice. Continuity across surface boundaries is not at
all an issue as the design paradigm allows you to automatically apply
boundary continuities. As the optimization works on the entire dataset the
accuracy achieved through the Paraform process is very high as well (as
against discreet points through which you fit curves...as in the case of
Surfacer like tools). Please look at the workflows on our website
(www.paraform.com) to get a better understanding of how you can rapidly
create surfaces using Paraform. Please also check with HKPC (Hong Kong
Productivity Council) in Hong Kong that has our software for training needs.
They also recommend our software for reverse engineering and inspection
needs (among other things). Please feel free to contact me for any
additional questions (tmaher@paraform.com). Take Care.

Regards

Rob Bannerman
Application Engineer