Sander's part warpage

From: Kevin Lafferty (KevinHLafferty@avenew.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 19:31:52 EET

Some questions for those familiar with the Sander's Model Maker:

I would like to fabricate several highly detailed parts ranging in size from
very small up to approximately 7"x 3"x .25". Surface finish and detail
resolution are critical and thus my choice of the Sander's machine as the
ideal candidate. I have been informed by a few sources that while the MM2 is
capable of fabbing parts in this size range there are serious issues with
warpage. Is it possible to fab these parts without warpage? Would I be
better off to fab the parts in smaller sections and then join them? If so,
has anyone done this and what method of joining the sections is recommended?
Is it possible to end up with the full sized items flat and true and with no
indications of the bonding? Does the Toolmaker suffer from the same problems
or would it be a better choice for fabricating these items?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.