RE: Large Object Scanner

From: Chris Lawrie (cl@delcam.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 17:54:45 EET

Dear REL
If you can get the proceedings from the TCT conference (Cardiff England) of
this year ( www.time-compression <http://www.time-compression> .com), there
was a case study presented by Westland Helicopters for large, low accuracy
assemblies and prismatic components. The actual accuracy is up for debate
but it is likely to match your 4mm tolerance. The case study details
photgrammetry using digital photographs and predetermined datum's etc. It is
an approach which has come out of the civil engineering world (large
structures) and is often used by the oil industry for refineries etc.

If this draws a blank, send me a more detailed mail and I'll try and help

Best Regards
Chris Lawrie

PS To the rp-ml.... I have spell chicked this mail.

Chris Lawrie Scanning & Inspection Products Marketing Manager
Delcam Plc Email cl@delcam.com
Talbot Way tel +44 121 766 5544
Small Heath fax +44 121 766 5511
Birmingham mob +44 411 353330