Color in StL: Specs are incompatible

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 22:25:20 EET

Dear RP-ML,

    Please note that the specs reported by Materialize and TNO for including
color information in StL files are completely different and incompatible.
According to the information posted on the list and repeated below, TNO
stores the colors in the order BGR, followed by a bit that is always set.
Materialize stores the colors in the order RGB, followed by a bit that
represents whether to read the local color data or use a default value in
the file header.

    Better be careful if you're using a color-coded StL file to know which
spec is being followed.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
President, Ennex Corporation