RE: Materials at SLS

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 22:17:51 EET

Past tests with glass filled nylon (before Duraform) showed material properties in the Z direction to be about 75% of X and Y directions. I believe DTM's material properties are based on XY orientation. Now we generally only test for Z oriented parts and design around those lesser properties.

It's also interesting to note that we saw no significant differences due to build orientation of sla parts.

Disclaimer: Engineer and out the other!
Quick is not good if you're going the wrong way.
Michael W Miller (michael.w.miller@boeing.com)
The Boeing Company M/C 17-PE B-2T65
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365