Re: Freeform polygonal modelling package

From: Max Probasco (maxpro@probascodesign.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 18:51:27 EET

You might want to checkout Form Z by Auto-des-sys. www.formz.com You can download a demo version online and check it out. I is very robust. You can purchase a 45 day full working version. If you decide to purchase the cost will be deducted from the full version purchase price. It works on Mac and PC.

Best regards,

Max Probasco

>Nick Osborn wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any info. on freeform polygonal modelling CAD packages?
>>
>> The specific functionalities would ideally include the ability to import,
>modify easily and then re-export STL files, without requiring intermediate
>translation to non-polygonal native formats.
>>
>> In particular, I was wondering if the digital sculptors / artists on the list
>might have any suggestions?
>>

>Nick,
>
>as you have supposed, the Freeform software include <<the ability to
>import, modify...>>.
>
>To get good informations on this device, I suggest you to contact
>Christopher DEAN, a talentuous English sculptor who works now for
>SENSABLE as a consultant.
>
>Cordialement.
>
>--
>***********************************
>Christian LAVIGNE
>http://www.toile-metisse.org/cl/
>lavigne@toile-metisse.org
>***********************************
>Président de TOILE METISSE
>ONG agréée par l'Agence de la Francophonie
>http://www.toile-metisse.org
>*
>Secrétaire Général d'Ars Mathématica
>Co-fondateur d'INTERSCULPT
>http://www.toile-metisse.org/intersculpt/
>*
>écrivain & artiste multimedia
>robosculpture & télésculpture
>conseil technologique
>création de sites web
>*
>1, Cour de Rohan, 75006 Paris, France
>tel: 33 (0)1 43 26 45 85 . fax: 33 (0)1 40 46 82 02

Max Probasco Principal

Probasco Design
972-231-0867 Voice
972-231-3870 Fax