Re: What's in a......?

From: Peter Blacklin (blacklin@erols.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 21:46:59 EET

During my post grad at Cranfield the gentlemen who were studying for MBA's called us "Welders" .

Initially we thought this was a compliment, an MBA actually knowing what welding was and marveling at our phenomenal prowess for joining metals in all manner of ways.

When asked why, the reply was that when asked a question, the engineers invariably began; "well derrr ....!"

(Probably because our conversations were held in the student bar, which could go towards explaining the behavior of some of my more verbally challenged colleagues or at least, during the evenings.)

Peter Blacklin

Optimum Solutions Inc.
 (410) 730 3371 Tel
(410) 730 6359 Fax