RE: What's in a dimension?

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@protoshape.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 01:52:22 EET

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Anshuman Razdan wrote:
> There has to be a translation of some sort unless we can come up
> with the post script equivalent in 3D so standard print drivers can
> be written for the CAD systems.

Therefore, that's what should be done.

I tend to think that both mesh and spline representations will be part
of the ultimate vocabulary, perhaps in a single file format that
accommodates both. Most of us don't like meshes, but there certainly
exist people who love them, and who use software in which they're the
native format.

-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman (831) 429-8224
Digital sculpture www.bathsheba.com