Re: RP Forum, 'The future of RP'

From: Ronald Jones (rjones@sharedreplicators.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 19:56:02 EEST

Ed brings up an interesting point. My company, for example is heavily
engaged in grant funded research relating to direct manufacturing
applications using RP technology. We are also involved in system
integration including 3D scanning and virtual prototyping. All of this is
considered by our firm as highly proprietary. I am sure that we are not
alone on this issue within the RP community. So the question is, how do we
share ideas and information that could benefit the industry as a whole
without jeopardizing company proprietary information? Without some
mechanism in place, the sessions as proposed will be limited to academics
and members of the community that are not directly engaged in the cutting
edge areas under discussion. I know there are a number of others who
monitor the list, but as a rule do not comment on these issues because of
these reasons. For example, let's hear from the equipment and materials
suppliers as well as the Fortune 500 users?

Ronald Jones
Shared Replicators, Inc.
www.sharedreplicators.com