Re: we haven't had a joke lately

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 03:53:13 EEST

Elaine

You're right. I read one in an institutional newsletter recently that went
something like this: -

A teacher spent the day taking a group of schoolkids around a science
museum. At the end, the teacher questioned one of the kids.

Teacher: So what does an engineer do then?
Kid: Well he goes around with an oil can and cloth and keeps the machines
clean.
Teacher: Who designs the machines?
Kid: I don't know.
Teacher: Then you'd better find out or you may grow up to be an engineer.

Not very funny I know, but poignant don't you think? Also, I couldn't think
where else to post it.

IG

Dr. Ian Gibson
Associate Professor
Dept. Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong
tel: +852 28597901
fax: +852 28585415
email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?