Fine Point Support/LY1.1 Question

From: Brand Allen-EAB009 (Allen.Brand@motorola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 21:47:46 EEST

This question is in regards to an SLA3500 with SL5510 resin using LY 1.1 and
BS 5.1.

I have been having issues with parts crashing on the left side of my
platform since shortly after taking delivery the first part of this year.
The problem was magnified and became significantly more frequent upon
installing LY 1.1 and BS 5.1. Finally I had a 3D System's FE spend several
days with me to discover several "tweaking / tuning" issues as well as a
burnt mirror. The problem has become MUCH improved, however, I'm still
having intermittent build problems.

Curious to know your experiences with fine point supports, LY 1.1, and BS
5.1 on the SLA3500 using SL5510 resin. I noted that the manual indicates
that border overcures should be 0.025 - 0.100mm higher than the values used
in curtain supports. I noticed the default values for fine point supports
are actually smaller. When I questioned an AE over the 3D hotline, I was
told that I probably wouldn't see any difference by increasing the border
overcures. Am I barking up the wrong tree? What about intersect points? What
about strand thickness?

I don't want to be compensating for what may be another lingering hardware
issue, so again, I am interested in hearing what your experiences have been.

Thank you,

Allen W. Brand, Sr.
Motorola Energy Systems Group
Phone: 770-338-3088