Wall Thickness evaluation for stl files

From: L.Wagner (ludwigwagner@online.de)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 17:09:29 EEST

I have developed a program for a customer to determine the wall thickness of
measured parts described by STL Files. I'm wondering, if in the rp community
there should be a need for that evaluation before manufacture parts.

The most important input parameter is the maximal interesting wall
thickness. As output you can have a list of points an thickness oder a point
file which can be compared to a CAD model with different avaiblae tools on
the market. The program run command line driven on Windows95/98/NT, but can
easily be ported to UNIX systems.

My questions are:
Is there a need for a program like this for rp users?
Is such a program maybe available already somewhere else?

Ludwig Wagner
Langertstr. 118 73431 Aalen
Tel: 07361 36130
E-Mail: LudwigWagner@online.de