RE: Die Cast Prototypes

From: Brent Stucker (stucker@uri.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 16:21:57 EEST

Doug,

Studies that we and others have performed show that RapidSteel from DTM can
be used for short-run die cast tooling up to several thousand shots. If you
would like me to quote on a geometry, let me know. But, anyone who makes
RapidSteel parts/tools could provide you with these.
Dr. Brent Stucker, Director & Asst. Professor
Rapid Manufacturing Center
University of Rhode Island
Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Gilbreth Hall, 2 East Alumni Ave.
Kingston, RI 02881
ph: (401)874-5187
fax: (401)874-5540