RE: best solid modeler

From: Pattison, Will (WPattison@Ignition.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 16:09:55 EEST

i see this as kind of a tough question to answer, due to the fact that lots
of .stl files are troublesome because of the way the original cad model was
created. it's especially true for surface models, which often come from
applications where the emphasis is not on creating water-tight data. the
bottom line is that if surface quilts don't have rational boundaries, then
chances of .stl problems go way up.

will pattison, idsa
product development
ignition