RE: Surface Texture on RP Models

From: Bruce (lemaster@artcorp.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 16:08:30 EEST

Al,

I have not seen any models produced with a texture applied during the CAD
portion of the design. Typically, the textures are too fine of a resolution
for the RP process as well as being very memory (RAM) intensive to work with
on a solid model. On the other hand, we have had very good luck applying
textures after the model has been produced (in our case - SLA's.) We work
closely with Lee Eisinger of Akron Metal Etching <texture@textureame.com>.
Lee has developed a method to apply ANY surface texture to an SLA pattern
(other patterns work as well). I'm sure he would be interested in talking
with you about "etching" a texture on one of your Sanders parts.

Bruce E. LeMaster

Applied Rapid Technologies Corporation
265 Cambridge Street, Suite 100
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22405