Taking STL to a higher level : Coloured STL is now possible for e veryone!

From: J.vandenHout@ind.tno.nl
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 17:01:38 EEST

TNO STL PAINTER version 1.0

3D printers have been around for a while, recently a 3D colour printer has
been commercially launched by Z Corporation (see www.zcorp.com)
<http://www.zcorp.com)> . As some of you know, TNO Industry is also active
in the field of colour printing (our experimental non-commercial 3D colour
printer was exposed on the TCT 99).
Using our experience in this field, we have created a way to generate
coloured parts from any STL file. TNO Industry developed a program called
TNO STL Painter. This software uses the ordinary STL file to store a unique
colour in each triangle.
Paint your STL model in minutes by applying over 16 million colours to
single triangles, surfaces and complete entities using intelligent surface
recognition algorithms. The software exports coloured STL, PLY and VRML2.0.
The TNO STL Painter is now commercially available from Z-Corp, together with
their new Z402C machine or directly from TNO Industrial Prototyping.

 A demo version of software can be downloaded by following the 'STL Painter'
link from:
 http://www.ind.tno.nl/en/productiondevelopment/prototyping/index.html
<http://www.ind.tno.nl/en/productiondevelopment/prototyping/index.html>

 This demo version has full functionality except for the saving option.
However, models can be saved as STL Painter Session files.
Firms or schools that are interested in bringing color capability into their
organizations should contact Z Corporation and ask to have one of their
parts printed in full color.

Best regards,

Jeroen van den Hout, Frits Feenstra
TNO Industry
Contact: Prototyping@ind.tno.nl <mailto:Prototyping@ind.tno.nl>

*** Attachment removed by Administrator ***