Re: set-up and finishing processes of LOM

From: Stamatios Polydoras (polsntua@central.ntua.gr)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 10:32:26 EEST

Dear Kennith,

The main steps are:
BEFORE MANUFACTURE
1. As in all RPTs, checking for errors and preprocessing the STL file in
order to best define machine operating parameters. (About 30 min)
2. Preparing a "base" of blank paper layer before the actual part begins
to build. (About 25min)

AFTER MANUFACTURE
1. Separating the part envelope from the metallic platform. (About 5
min)
2. Decubing the green part (means removing scrap material formed in
cubes). It takes from 30min to 5hours depending on part's shape, size &
complexity.
3.Apllying sanding sealer, sanding (different sand papers) and
lackquering the part for better surface and humidity protection. (About
1-3hours)

I hope this info is enough for you,

Stamatis

Stamatios N. Polydoras
Dipl. Mech. Engineer NTUA
Research Associate NTUA
NTUA RP Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens - GREECE
Tel : +30-1-772 3631, 772 3681 Fax : +30-1-772 3599
E-Mail : polsntua@central.ntua.gr