Re: IGES viewer

From: Glen Young (Glen.Young@lakelandmold.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 20:58:07 EEST

I forgot about Delcam's free PowerShape viewer. That's an excellent choice too, and I must apologize for not lising it since we are a loyal Delcam customer!!

>>> "Glen Young" <Glen.Young@lakelandmold.com> 08/24/00 10:58AM >>>
There are a variety of viewers you can buy like SolidView, but they charge quite a bit for the IGES funcionality. If you want something for a short time, download evaluations of viewers. SolidView has a great FREE viewer, but it doesn't do IGES. If you had a convertor to go from IGES to STL, VRML, SLDASM or SLDPRT (Solidworks), OBJ (Alias/Wavefront), or AutoCad's DXF, then this would work great. Magics Communicator is similar.
Otherwise the others may be more reasonably priced for specifically IGES files.

http://www.solidview.com/
http://www.ksc.com.hk/3dview/index.html
http://www.actify.com/
http://www.cadlook.com/
http://www.cybertal.com/components/ (look under Open Source - Alchemist 4.0 - this is the slickest way to view, may have to wait)
http://www.cadforum.com/links/translators.asp
http://www.deltaconcept.ch/newdelta/graphic/workview.html
http://www.compunix-usa.com/products/igesstl/igesstl.htm
http://materialise.com/communicator/index.htm

Glen Young
CNC Engineer
Lakeland Mold Company
1021 Madison Street
Brainerd, MN 56401
(218) 824-3133

>>> "Vesna Cota" <vcota@rpmv.com> 08/24/00 08:41AM >>>
Dear list,

I am looking for an affordable 2D and 3D IGES viewer to run on a laptop.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Vesna

Vesna Cota