Re: Training and education in RP&M

From: Allan Rennie (allan.rennie@bcuc.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 19:15:24 EEST

Nick Osborn wrote:

> As a UK based company working in the RP&M sector, we would welcome the
> availability of short induction courses (1 - 2 weeks?) on RP&M to send new /
> existing employees on as appropriate. Having better informed customers would
> also be an obvious benefit - it is amazing (or perhaps not, when you think
> about it...?) how many customers in the field still don't know very much at
> all about RP&M.

Neil/Nick/RP List,

In January 2000, CRDM established its Centre of Excellence for Advanced
Toolmaking based at Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College in High
Wycombe. A multitude of courses have been implemented into the centres training
programme, with the majority of these courses being taught by the vendors own
training staff. These courses include:-

3 Axis CNC Milling
Wire Eroding
Spark Eroding
Injection Mould Tool Design
Project Planning
MasterCAM
AutoCAD
Delcam PowerMill, PowerShape and PowerInspect

In addition to these (and probably of interest to Nick for his staff
training/induction) are the one day appreciation days in the following areas:-

Charmilles EDM Appreciation Day
PowerMill Appreciation Day
PowerShape Appreciation Day
Rapid Prototyping Appreciation Day
Rapid Tooling Awareness Day

All of the info for these courses can be viewed at
http://www.bcuc.ac.uk/tech/crdm/Trainingframeset.html

Looking at the programme, I believe the following are still available for the
rest of this year (2001 programme isn't ready as yet):-

High Speed Milling (29-31 Aug)
Injection Mould Tool Design (4-6 Sep)
Basic Spark Eroding (11-14 Sep)
Delcam PowerShape (18-22 Sep)
Advanced 3 Axis CNC Milling (9-11 Oct)
Advanced Wire Eroding (14-15 Nov)
Delcam PowerShape Advanced (21-22 Nov)
Advanced Spark Eroding (12-13 Dec)

There is also the Rapid Tooling Awareness Day on 28 Nov.

Contact details are on the website.

Allan.

--
Allan E W Rennie