Re: Data export from 3D Viewer

From: Tom Vorgitch (tvorgitch@solidconcepts.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 18:16:34 EEST

At 09:32 AM 7/21/00 +0100, PROFORM AG wrote:
>Dear list,
>
>we are looking for a STL viewer that is able to export geometrical
>information of a part (extents, surface, volume, ..) to a
spreadsheet.

>Thanks very much in advance for any response
>
>Paul Bernhard

Paul,

You can have SolidView/Pro automatically load an STL file,
and then write the measure object data to a CSV file for
import into Excel or any other spreadsheet. If you have a
SolidView CD, see the dde.pdf file in the Samples folder.

If you don't have a CD, you can request a free one from:

        http://www.solidview.com/demo_cd.htm

If you have SolidView/Pro and just need the PDF file,
let me know and I'll email it to you.

Regards,

Tom Vorgitch
Solid Concepts Inc.