the future of 3D

From: David B. Thomas (dbthomas@geomagic.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 23:42:06 EEST

Hello, list:

Raindrop Geomagic and Arius3D are sponsoring a contest that we thought might
interest the RP community:

- Best Applications for 3D Photography Contest -

Raindrop Geomagic and Arius3D are collaborating to create the first complete
solution for 3D Photography, the combination of next-generation color
scanners and software that allow you to capture the color, texture, and
shape of real-world objects, transform them into usable models, and deliver
them to manufacturing, engineering, design or new media. One model … one
process … multiple outputs. Just imagine what that could do.

We are currently looking for examples that illustrate the applicability of
this revolutionary technology and are sponsoring a contest. Provide us with
the most relevant example that illustrates the use of this new technology
and you could be the first to experience the advantages of 3D Photography.

The grand-prize winner will receive Geomagic products and training, and data
capture services provided by Arius3D—a value of up to $30,000. If you can
articulate an interesting business example, you could be the first to
receive the award and we will help turn your idea into reality.

Complete contest rules and entry form will be available July 25 at
http://www.geomagic.com/contest .
Stop by Booth 519 at SIGGRAPH to pick up a contest flyer.

If you would like more information about the ways that Geomagic software can
help you apply 3D Photography to your business, please contact us:

(800) 251-5551
http://www.geomagic.com
mailto:contest@geomagic.com

If you're going to be at SIGGRAPH, please stop by Booth 519.

Thanks very much,

Dave

David B. Thomas
Marketing Communications Manager