Protomarket.com announces full public launch.

From: Adrian Enochian (AdrianE@protomarket.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 20:44:22 EEST

ProtoMarket.com (www.protomarket.com <http://www.protomarket.com>) is proud
to announce the close of our beta period, marking the full public launch of
the first online marketplace dedicated to the Rapid Manufacturing industry.
Whether you are looking for prototypes, tooling, or short-run manufacturing,
we are committed to delivering the largest and most efficient marketplace
for buyers to source RM services from high-quality service bureaus. Since
our beta launch in June, the vibrant ProtoMarket.com marketplace has seen
significant transaction activity from a number of our Charter Members.

Incorporating constructive feedback from our valued beta users, we have
created version 2.0, a cutting edge online marketplace that saves time for
OEMs and design engineers through a streamlined RFQ submission process.
Among the value-added features you will find as a ProtoMarket.com user:
· Meta-part data entry expedites RFQ submission by enabling changes to
multiple parts with one entry
· Improved download reliability
· Automatic file compression speeds upload/download
· Ability to add non-parts files (NDAs, assembly drawings) to RFQs
· Ability to add/edit/delete individual parts from RFQs
· Re-designed comment layout to improve buyer-vendor communications
· Vendors may submit comments on an RFQ without making a bid, thus
expressing interest on a job before receiving needed clarifications from the
buyer
· Live feed from the CADwire brings you up-to-the-minute industry news

Our user-friendly interface also facilitates the RFQ management process,
providing a simple and elegant Transaction Center to monitor the activity on
open RFQs. Furthermore, ProtoMarket.com’s collaboration tools improve
communication between buyers and vendors, ensuring that buyers receive the
highest quality products within the delivery timeframe they desire.

ProtoMarket.com is dedicated to the highest level of security for our users
by employing the most sophisticated 128-bit SSL encryption technology
available. Only vendors that meet the qualifications requested by the buyer
can view files, guaranteeing that buyers’ proprietary information is safe
and secure.

Best of all, there are no membership fees or residual commissions charged to
our members.

If you are not already one of ProtoMarket.com’s registered members, we
encourage you to visit our site at www.protomarket.com
<http://www.protomarket.com> and experience the world’s best online
marketplace for design engineers and service bureaus. Join now to view
several posted jobs and discover how easily you can expand your business.

Charter vendors participating in the beta included: Actron Tool, Advanced
Mfg., Albrecht Systems, ARRK Product Development, Austin Associates,
C.ideas, CE Systems, Creative Rapid Tooling, Curtis Reichhold & Associates,
Design Prototyping Technologies, Designcraft Corporation, Emerge
Technologies, GAIM Engineering, Gazelle Prototype, Genesis Marking
Resources, Global Manufacturing Solutions, Harrington Product Development,
Harvest Technologies, Hatcher Associates, Javelin, Kellough Enterprises,
Laser Modeling, Laser Reproduction, Mack Tool & Engineering, MD Works,
Modular Design Works, Mor-Tech, Morris Technologies, Moulds for Plastics,
NECO, NK Designs, Paramount Industries, Park Products , Pesco Injection
Molds, Pesco Mold, Product Development Partners, Protogenic, Prototype
South, Rapid Design Service, Robtec, Schmit Prototypes, Solid Concepts,
Studio Red, Talbot Associates, TECH, Thermofab, Vision Engineering &
Prototype, Vista Technologies.

Marketing & PR: Sales:
Vanessa Newkirk Adrian Enochian
Tel: 773/477-7374 x204 Tel: 773/477-7373 x202
VanessaN@protomarket.com <mailto:VanessaN@protomarket.com>
AdrianE@protomarket.com <mailto:AdrianE@protomarket.com>