LightYear/BuildStation on WIN2000

From: Bruce E. LeMaster (lemaster@artcorp.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 01:37:35 EEST

Hello everyone,

Just a note to the 3D Systems users out there that BuildStation will not
load on a Windows 2000 workstation. Having said that I'm not sure if it
will work if you actually "upgrade" from NT to 2000 and already have
BuildStation on your system. I just tried to load BuildStation on a new
WIN2000 system and it tells me that the software requires Service Pack
3.0 or higher.

I spoke with 3D support and they say that BuildStation is 'hard wired'
to look for Service Pack 3.0+ and there is no way to fool it. I asked
if there was going to be a patch and was greeted with the all so
familiar "I don't know. We've asked for it."

So, if your planning on upgrading to WIN 2000 you may want to call 3D
Support and put your request in for a patch - the more the better.

On a positive note, LightYear loaded just fine on the new WIN2000
system. No problems encountered as of yet. If any of you manage to
upgrade an NT box to 2000, please let us know if BuildStation handles
the process. My guess is that it might since the "hard wiring" appears
to be tied to the Installation process.

Regards,

Bruce E. LeMaster

--