Re: Compleat Rapid Prototyping Mailing List Archive is On The Air

From: Rapid Dude (rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 09:20:58 EEST

Ed,
a couple of comments.

> The data, the names, the flames - Oh, the humanity! The Compleat Rapid
> Prototyping Mailing List Archive is on the air.

Hmmm. You did ask for permission to use the material didn't you?

Well, if you want to go thorough the trouble to publish something anyone
has access either through http://ltk.hut.fi/archives/ or
ftp://ltk.hut.fi/pub/rp-ml it's clearly your problem... For now anyway.

> You can now have every posting to the RPML for the last 5+ years on your own
> hard drive. It's FREE ! More data than you thought you wanted or needed.
Anything related to the rp-ml is FREE ! If someone is going to get paid
for this, I think I'm the first one on the line (even I do not get paid
for the administration).

Therefore I find it Very Disturbing that you are selling out the
rp-ml jokes. I do not think that you or any other company or individual
has the right to sell out any messages sent to rp-ml. ANd if such a right
excists, I think I - as the owner and administrator of rp-ml - have it.

> In the words of Hannu Kaikonen, Glorious RPML Listowner, "Share and Enjoy"
Thank you for your kind words. I have to confess: the words 'Share and
Enjoy' are used in a book of Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers guide to
the galaxy. But I do not think he has patented the frase.

And yet another comment, at your web page you state that rp-ml site is
at Helsinki University. Unfortunately that is not quite true. There is a
thing called Helsinki University, and we have very little in common, the
real place for rp-ml is Helsinki University of Technology (a bit
confucing? -yep, but nothing we can do about it).

Have a nice one!

Yours truly

Hannu Kaikonen <rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi>
 'owner rp-ml'