Furhter expansion for Materialise

From: Miranda.Bastijns@materialise.be
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 16:21:54 EEST

Today, Materialise, a world-class provider of engineering software products
and services, is excited to announce the opening of its office in
Malaysia's capital, Kuala Lumpur. This office, which brings the company's
worldwide total to six, was established in order to strengthen Materialise's
presence in the burgeoning Asian manufacturing marketplace. Headed by
long-time Materialise veteran Tom De Bruyne, the office will provide
commercial and technical assistance as well as high-technology training
facilities to distributors of the company's software products throughout
Asia, Japan excluded.
Materialise President, Fried Vancraen commented, "the establishment of the
Malaysian office acknowledges the commitment we've made to our customers in
the Asian community. It is consistent with our strategy of bringing the
company's products and services closer to the customer in order to fine-tune
our offerings and marketing efforts to local needs."
The company currently produces engineering software primarily under its
"Magics" brand in the Rapid Prototyping and Tooling, 3D Image processing, 3D
Image Guided Surgery and Design Collaboration markets. Offices are located
in the United States, France, Germany, the United Kingdom and Belgium.
Inquiries to the Kuala Lumpur office can be made at
mailto:materialise@po.jaring.my or by calling +60 3 7765 2988. The office
can be reached by fax at +60 3 7765 2966.
Contacts in the US office can be reached at mailto:info@materialise.com