FW: CAE output file

From: Blasch, Larry (LBlasch@OPW-FC.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 16:14:26 EEST

Dan,

I work with ANSYS, and it will let you output VRML, tif, jpeg, bmp, and a
few other formats.

VRML is the best choice for a dynamic presentation unless you just want to
play back a static slide show. If that's what you are looking for than just
do the model rotation in the FEA package and save the images in jpeg or tif
format and build a slide show in PowerPoint or something similar.

Remember, the VRML file will only contain one fringe display so although it
may be useful for max/min representations, it won't show load/stress/strain
changes throughout the ranges that you set. If you could output the VRML
file in such a way to show how the results change through the load range,
and let you freely rotate the model, then that would be tremendous.

Lawrence R. Blasch
Design Engineer
CAE Systems Administrator

OPW Fueling Components