Scan formats

From: Chris Sutcliffe (c.j.sutcliffe@liverpool.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 14:47:13 EEST

D:\work\lmf-mail-background.htmDear List

I may be showing my ignorance here but is there an industry standard method for the representation of scan vector information. We are currently writing some software which takes and slices STLs and then outputs different scan strategies. It would be nice to write the output in an industry standard format if there is one. Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Chris

Dr. Chris. Sutcliffe
Rapid Prototyping and Micromanufacture Research
Department of Engineering
3 Brownlow St.
Liverpool L69 3GL

(0151) 794 8022 Direct