Re: impact strength unit conversion

From: David Carman (rndcarman@dellnet.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 22:18:23 EEST

The data from these two tests should never be reconstructed as one set of
data. They are very different tests. One is held rigidly on one side of
the notch and struck on the other side. The other supports the specimen
(not rigid support) on both sides of the notch and strikes the sample in the
middle. They are two different failures that you are trying to represent as
one.