Review the latest US Rapid Prototyping Patents on the web - FREE !

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 22:22:57 EEST

FREE - Review the latest US Rapid Prototyping Patents on the web!

We are pleased to announce that the RP Patent Alert Newsletter is now
available on our web site as a FREE SERVICE. This formerly subscription-only
Newsletter covers all facets of RP including, processes, materials, all types
of applications, tooling and production, and software. Issues for the last
three quarters are now posted.

There were 28 utility and 3 design patents issued during the last quarter
through 5/2/00. Here are a few highlights:

*Lockheed describes an RP system using metal droplet formation that's capable
of producing close tolerance and stress-free parts. They also claim a
respectable accretion rate of 0.8 cc /minute. Other materials are also
possible.

*Michael Nowak explains Ablation Transfer RP. This method uses a laser to
force material from a multi-layer carrier sheet on to the top of a build
stack. The method may have application to general RP markets and also to PC
board and composite parts fabrication.

*The University of Arizona describes developments that could potentially
greatly increase the speed of the FDM process.

*Xerox explains an RP process that may lead to extremely low-cost, high
capability RP. Is this the RP analog to the thermal inkjet?

There were numerous additional developments including high temperature and
color photopolymers, stereolithography using spatial light modulators. etc.
You will find many thought provoking inventions in this group. If you're
involved with the development of RP technology in industry or academia, you
should find this an easy and fun way to keep up to date.

If you're under the impression it would be easy to get this information any
other way - try it! There were more than 50,000 US patents issued during the
quarter. Please let us know if we missed anything!

>From our home page,

<A HREF="http://home.att.net/~castleisland/">Worldwide Guide to Rapid
Prototyping Resources</A>

[ if that's not visible as a link: http://home.att.net/~castleisland/ ]

click the PATENTS button or use the direct link on that page.

Ed Grenda
Castle Island Co.
19 Pondview Road
Arlington, MA 02474 USA