Re: SLA5000 Laser life

From: Adrian Burleigh (prototype@solid-concepts.com.au)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 03:19:30 EEST

Rob,

The laser on our SLA5000 was above the warranty limit of 216mw for about
1800 hours. After been "retuned" 3 times by 3D field engineer it lasted to
about 3800 hours after which 3D replaced it by a retubed laser that lasted
until about 4400 at or above the warranty limit. By 4400 hours it started to
go down hill very rapidly and by 4600 it was giving 86 mw at the VAT. 3D
replaced it for the "coquette somme" of US$52'000.-- but with an encrease
of 500 hours on its warranty. Now the new laser has about 400 hours and
is outputing 312 mw at the VAT.

Regards

Francois Primon
Solid Concepts Pty Ltd