engineering design communication tools

From: Mark Henderson (mark.henderson@asu.edu)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 00:41:21 EEST

Dear design engineers (and members of RPML):

Do you communicate with designers in other parts of the country or globe?
Can you give us your expertise of global engineering design communication?
We have posted a survey to discover how designers communicate
electronically. If you have time and interest, please answer the 12
questions at http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?A5P500QL3DJ5VQMN0RAH4KML.
This survey is anonymous and we aren't able to track any responses to their
originator. You can give us your company and position as optional input at
the end of the survey form, if you wish.

We are conducting research on communication tools and data shared among
design team members who are separated geographically around the world. This
work will result in the development of a communications web site for global
engneering design to support our GEDT course (go to
http://www.mech-eng.leeds.ac.uk/gedt/ for more information) and also to
support further research in how best to communicate the complex and
complicated data required in engineering design.

Thanks for your time.

Mark Henderson, Professor
College of Engineering
Arizona State University