RE: cast dissimilar materials within the same cast component

From: Brent Stucker (stucker@uri.edu)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 17:15:13 EEST

This sounds like a good application for the LENS process. We can lay down
both aluminum and copper from a CAD file and create a structure with both in
there, in just about any design of interest. Give me a call and I'd be
happy to discuss this with you.
Dr. Brent Stucker, Director & Asst. Professor
Rapid Manufacturing Center
University of Rhode Island
Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Gilbreth Hall, 2 East Alumni Ave.
Kingston, RI 02881
ph: (401)874-5187
fax: (401)874-5540