RE: Catia and STL Files

From: Travis Behara (Travis.Behara@trimarkhardware.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 18:38:40 EEST

Thanks for all of your responses.

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Okkema [mailto:bruceo@eagledesign.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 10:24 AM
To: Travis Behara; RPML (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Catia and STL Files

CATIA does not export any type of files .stl, .igs, .stp out of the box.
One needs to buy a license from the CATIA vendor to do these translations
and they are not cheap. IGES in/out costs about $6,000, STL in/out costs
another $6,000 and so forth. We use both these translators and they are
excellent.
Options one has without purchasing the CATIA licenses are:
        SolidView's direct CATIA translator add-on,
        a service like 3dshare.com to translate the files
        a service bureau with CATIA licenses to translate the files
Best Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Okkema, President
Eagle Design & Technology, Inc.