Re: opinions requested for rp center

From: David K. Leigh (dkleigh@harvest-tech.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 00:16:50 EEST

Wouldn't be the first. It is of value to certain groups and not to others.
Univ. of Louisville, Southern Mississippi, and Iowa State to name a few are
currently doing this in the states. From a service bureau perspective, we
don't like it. Government subsidy competition isn't always cool. But, we
have found that university groups typically have more constraints on
budgets, machine scheduling, etc.

If the goal is as a revenue center, I wouldn't recommend it. If the goal is
academic to include research to help the OEMs of RP equipment, I
wholeheartedly support it.

David K. Leigh ph(254) 933-1000
Harvest Technologies fax(254) 298-0125
dkleigh@harvest-tech.com