Re: Bits2Parts.com - a new web service for RP

From: JBVentures (info@jbventures.nl)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 22:44:45 EEST

Dear Vesna,

We communicate with all kinds of 3d-CAD systems, some most 'exotic' ones. When we look over the last half year on .stl files wich were created and send to us for manufacturing, we clearly see that ACIS base systems construct less consistent .stl files. We recommend our customers using ACIS-based software to export .sat files of wich we then make an .stl file ourselves.

Of course every CAD systems makes mistakes once and a while, so does ours. My mail ain't an accusation (John Wright), it's ment as a hint to Spatial to look over this fact before hanging out the flag on the Bits2Parts-activity. We all (RP'ers) are helped by it (ref. John & Bob)

Jorn
JB Ventures BV - the Netherlands