RP&M 2000 SteamRoller and 20 foot Buddha

From: lonepeak (lonepeak@aros.net)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 19:11:00 EEST

RP Mailing List:

Last summer I made a presentation at the SFF meeting in Austin, Texas about
the 20 foot foam Buddha that we rapidly prototyped using the U of U's
developmental water jet RP system. Since the presentation last August, we
have built a second 20 foot Buddha using the technology and a 12 foot art
statue. I will be giving an updated presentation at this year's RP&M
conference about the 52 feet of RP work that we did with this system. For
some reason the talk is in the New Products - Niche Application Software
session on Wednesday April 12, at 11:30. I won't be talking about software
but I'd like to invite you all to come to the presentation - I have lots of
pictures and it is a really fun talk.

Also - on a more serious note, we will have the SteamRoller (SR) system that
we built and designed at the exhibit in booth 309. This automated
sheet-feed equipment interfaces directly with Laminated Object
Manufacturing machines. The SR systems adds metals and ceramic materials
capabilities to the LOM. We will have samples of parts built on the system
there along with information about our SR/LOM titanium materials research
program that has been supported by DARPA.

I hope to see you there!

Alair
Javelin, a Lone Peak Engineering, Inc. Company
470 Lawndale Drive, Ste. G
Sat Lake City, UT 84115