Re: Inserting metal objects during building on SLA machine.

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 22:32:31 EET

C. S.

We have done insert molded prototypes on our SLA with terminals installed.
Typically what I do do a partial build to the area just above the inserts.
Then I stop the machine and place the inserts in. This allows us to put
L-shaped inserts and build them in totally enclosed.. The only downside is
somtimes the machine is difficult to restart and bridge over the area the you
removed the supports from. I used a microscope slide and cured the resin
under it with a UV lamp to fill the void where I had removed the supports. It
time consuming but it does work. It worked much better in Meastro for me than
Lightyear. Lightyear seems to be a little more sensitive with restarts.
Good Luck
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering

In a message dated 3/25/00 7:21:54 AM Central Standard Time,