Objet Quadra

From: Vern Carter (vern@3dresource.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 19:31:52 EET

I saw the machine at the NDES show. Very impressive!!!

I echo what Doug had to say about the machine in an earlier posting. I was lucky enough to get one of the sample key chain parts which the machine was making at the show. Looks and feels like SLA without all of the baggage. This machine seams to truly eliminate a lot of the concerns I had about processing UV materials.

I saw several impressive parts of varying sizes, and of varying detail, but none larger than the build volume. I question if the parts can be bonded like traditional SLA parts? I also saw what appeared to be a Master Pattern, RTV Mold and Urethane Casting in one of there show cases. If these things are truly possible, I feel sorry for my friend who recently purchased two SLA 5000's.

I have also had an open email dialog with Joseph Kowen joseph@objet.co.li about the machine so I do think they're home. They may be swamped with correspondences due to the apparent break through they have achieved. I only hope its not all smoke and mirrors.

Reliability is a must for a printer!!!

Vern Carter

Creative Technical Solutions, llc.
Product Design, Development & Rapid Prototyping
9955 Westpoint Drive, Ste. 140
Indianapolis, IN 46256
317.585.3091
317.585.3093 fax