improving the FDM support calibration

From: m.dekkers@ind.tno.nl
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 18:46:51 EET

Dear FDM users,

At TNO we use tips 10 and 12 for ABS and another head for Elastomer
sequentially. This means a lot of calibrating work.
TNO stands for the Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research.

I would like to know how many people will be interested in joining us to do
a small research to have the calibration method improved.

With calibrating I mean both the X-, Y- and Z-offset AND the flow of Model-
and Supportmaterial. These 5 parameters should be set pretty precise to get
the most out of your FDM-machine (1600, 1650, 2000, 3000 models). Also, with
a perfect calibrating, the peeling away of supportstructures is a lot
easier, having your models nicer and quicker.
I even think you won't need WaterWorks in 99% of the cases, if you have a
perfect calibration.

Well, if you are interested in having the calibration method improved,
please give me a reaction.

Kind regards, Martin

Martin Dekkers e-mail: m.dekkers@ind.tno.nl
Prototyping Engineer