RE: Question about laser for SLS

From: Spielman, Roger L (Roger.Spielman@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 20:47:22 EET

After reading the posts from Brent Stucker, Tim Gornet and Christian Nelson,
I can only add that DTM replaced the Laser in my 2000 after 25,000 hours of
service. Not because of failure, but because they were not happy with the
response time while calibrating. It did, however continue to reach the
programmed values. By the way, I also run 10 - 12 different materials though
our Sinterstations.

Best Regards

Roger Spielman
Rocketdyne Power & Propulsion