Re: info on RTV, Direct AIM, SL Composite moulding and Keltool technologies

From: Nick Osborn (Nick@swiftech.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 11:25:51 EET

Dear Nik

As I guess you are interested in comparing the full range of commercially proven, Rapid Tooling technologies that are available, you may wish to include the Swiftool (TM) process in your research.

In summary, this is an indirect (i.e. master pattern-based) Rapid Tooling process which uses a composite polymer to enable injection moulding tools to be made in as little as 3 hours.

Out of interest, this means it is often faster to make real parts (i.e. injection moulded at full temp., pressure, etc.) than facsimile parts via RTV, for example.

For your information, it is worth noting that Swiftool is NOT an epoxy based material.

If you would like to arrange a visit to our dedicated facility here in Cambridgeshire please contact either Rod Pike (rod@swiftech.co.uk) or myself. Travel time from Swindon is about 3 hours.

If you have a typical part that you would like to benchmark and see made during your visit, then we can discuss this.

Regards

Nick

Nick Osborn
Managing Director
Swift Technologies Ltd.
140 - 144 Station Road, March,
Cambs. PE15 8NH, UK

"Real Parts Real Quick - Because Time Is Money"

Tel: +44 (0) 1354 650 789
Fax: +44 (0) 1354 650 799
www.swiftech.co.uk

>>> Duvnjak Nikolas-QSWI191 <QSWI191@email.mot.com> 17/03/00 08:50:37 >>>
Hi everybody,

                I am looking for information on RTV, Direct AIM, SL
Composite moulding and Keltool technologies.
                The information I am looking for is Process characterisation
of each process, which inculde adavantages, disadavantages, target materials
and methods of producing the tools etc...

many thanks in adavnce nik

Nik Duvnjak
Motorola, Swindon, England