RE: Request for assistance with Solidworks

From: Pattison, Will (WPattison@Ignition.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 16:34:56 EET

wow, i wish all of our youth were this focused. erin, a lot of things will
change between now and the day you get your diploma, but i'm glad to see you
applying yourself early. my personal opinion regarding your question is-
plastic parts. i'm sure you've noticed that the majority of consumer
products contain injection molded plastic components, in shapes that are
becoming more complex all the time. you'll learn a lot even by reverse
engineering an existing design.

closing the gap between a concept sketch and a truly manufacturable product
has to be the goal of any effective product development process. that means
that industrial designers need to understand more than just what looks good,
and engineers need to understand why it has to. keep going on the path you
are, and you'll be a valuable asset someday- just remember to have fun in
college!

oh, and when it comes time to intern, give us a call.

will pattison
product development engineer
ignition
plano, tx