Ceramic Injection Moulding

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 04:49:18 EET

Dear rp-ml

Does anyone have any experience in making small moulds for ceramic
injection moulded parts? The process that has been described to me uses RP
master patterns to make a Be-Cu mould. This is then used somehow to make a
CIM mould (copy milling?). The aim is make ceramic parts for a medical
application.

Can anyone fill in the gaps and let me know what the potential problems are?
Do any of you have experience in doing this sort of job (not necessarily
using the above method)?

Thanks

IG

Dr. Ian Gibson
Associate Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong
tel: (852) 28597901
fax: (852) 28585415
mobile: (852) 98738281
igibson@hkucc.hku.hk

We work our jobs
Collect our pay
Believe we're ridin' down the highway when in fact we're slip-slidin away
(Paul Simon)