Re: A little bit off topic

From: Paul Betts (betts@nevis1.nevis.columbia.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 16:49:41 EET

If you are building a machine now you're kind of caught in the middle of a
product development cycle.

The Fire GL1 is only AGP 2X capable. The Oxygen cards are AGP 4X capable
but now nVidia chips are coming out with "double data rate" chips.

Right now (to the best of my limited knowledge) ELSA Gloria II is the only
card that has the nVidia DDR chip. It has 64 meg of ram and is AGP 4x
compliant. It is around $650 USD.

Hope this helps,

Paul